Show your support for Zikula! Sign up at Github account and watch the Core project!
- ftree created topic »searching for simple "Data Warhouse"« 01:38 AM
- mesteele101 responded to »High Bandwith Usage« 21. Apr
- geoff responded to »zikula.com.au« 20. Apr
- craigh responded to »Numerous 404 errors on Zilkula site - what's up?« 18. Apr
- Paustian responded to »Migrating from PostNuke to Zikula« 01. Apr
- mesteele101 responded to »Zikula 1.2.10 - set default replyto address for new user email« 31. Mar
- portugao responded to »Redirect to specific page on login« 30. Mar
Articles: Short development update
The main development was occurring in what was originally intended to be a minor release in the 1.3.x series but this has been taking too long. This has required a change in plans.
As of 15 February 2014 the following changes have been made in the Core repository
- The 1.3 branch is renamed to 1.4
- The release-1.3 branch is renamed to 1.3
- The master branch remains intact as is and is intended as a 2.0 branch
The intention is to release Core 1.3.7 soon with all of the minor patches that have been floating out in the community as well as a couple other minor corrections. QA testing should begin on this release soon.
Core 1.4.0 will include many other improvements and fixes over 1.3.x series and also include a Forward Compatibility layer pointing toward the Core 2.0.0 release. There should be very few (if any) Backward Compatibility breaks from the 1.3.x series.
Core 2.0.0 will drop all backward compatibility for the 1.x series and require new extension structures, reliance on only new core technologies (symfony, twig, etc).
Timelines for anything beyond Core 1.3.7 are of course unknown and should not be assumed based on this information.