Show your support for Zikula! Sign up at Github account and watch the Core project!
- eledril created topic »Inserting Ads Into News Categories Pages« 07. Mar
- shaaz_khanz responded to »Linking a custom doctrine 2 based module with non-doctrine based module« 06. Mar
- espaan created topic »Creating Imagine plugin preset during installation of other module« 06. Mar
- MarcPare responded to »RSS Feed Broken« 05. Mar
- krator responded to »MOST table prefix« 04. Mar
- krator responded to »sitemap for zikula 1.3« 25. Feb
- shoshia responded to »CodeCogs and CKEditor« 24. Feb
Articles: What a wonderful day :-)
I am happy and proud to show my very first module! Of course it is a simple one. But see yourself: VerySimpleDownload
This is made with ModuleStudio. I have to say it is really easy. A lot of community members know me as a user. And I am still only a user. But I can now create my own module .
How did I proceed with my module? First I made the model with the current version of ModuleStudio. It do have an outdated generator but the webgen is available to provide me actual code. So I generated my module there. This is my guarantee to have the latest code running for 1.3.6.
The model itself is easy. I do have a title, a description and an upload field. By choosing some of the properties like categories I already got a very good starting point. Additionally I wanted to make the allowed file size and the allowed extensions configurable. Therefore I added these both inside a variable container. Easy to do for a user like me .
The next step was to adjust some templates. In this case I only changed the view.tpl file a bit. In edit.tpl I changed two places where the file size and file extensions are shown. There I placed the two modvars I created inside the model. How I had to do that I was told in the german forum. This was a big milestone in learning for me. But only changing this inside the template is not solving my issue. I learned to change the uploadHandler.php. And here I have recognised the brilliancy of ModuleStudio!
There is already an prepared file to do my changes. So I do not have to touch the original code. I just can overwrite it in the empty uploadHandler.php file! Again I got help by our community to do so. But this part was not that difficult to solve. And again I learned a lot!
Finally I changed the admin.png and added an editor.png. To show the new editor icon in scribite I only have to exchange the path inside the three plugin files of the three editor plugins.
During testing I made some more small changes in some templates, but nothing important to tell here. Now I am asking you to try out my first module and give me tips for improvement inside the issue tracker. By the way: the next two modules are under development right now. A little bit more complex but also not a big deal