Fork me on GitHub

Watch

GitHub Core

Show your support for Zikula! Sign up at Github account and watch the Core project!

GitHub Modules

Forum Activity

Forum feed

» Visit forum | » View latest posts

News

Articles | Extensions

Articles: Invitation 3.0.0 for Zikula 1.3.x released

Contributed by quan on Feb 11, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Extensions

Invitation is a module that allows your users to invite other users via email to your website. You can add some information to the module that is sent with each invitation email.

Spamming is not possible because email addresses are stored as a hash and each email address can only be used for one time within 3 months. This feature makes it also possible to check which user was invited by another user and for all ContactList users a buddy connection is created automatically after the invited user registered an account.

Also a plugin is included that can be used in myProfile or Profile. it shows an information in a user's profile page if this user was invited by another user.

Feedback welcome, bugs and feature requests can be reported to the issue tracker at github.

Links:

Comments

Comment by:
krator
11 Feb 2013 - 11:06AM
Another module fro ZK! Great!!!

Comment by:
drak
11 Feb 2013 - 06:25PM
Please update the repository structure so the module files appear in the root (mv modules/Invitation/* .)

Comment by:
quan
12 Feb 2013 - 06:43AM
the repository structure will not be changed, otherwise questions like "how should the module directory exactly be named" are preassigned and also there is no possibility to place files outside the module's directory.

Comment by:
drak
15 Feb 2013 - 05:45AM
As you wish, but you will find it increasingly difficult to maintain that. It's been explained in detail elsewhere.

Comment by:
quan
15 Feb 2013 - 06:46AM
Why this? Could not find any information about that.

Comment by:
espaan
18 Feb 2013 - 01:23AM
Repo folder structure
Hi Florian, some more info is in this article: http://community.zikula.org/module-News-display-sid-3112.htm

Comment by:
Roadrunner
19 Feb 2013 - 09:59AM
Thanks quan for updating this fine module - I wonder what is next to come from your interesting modules... ;)

Comment by:
quan
22 Feb 2013 - 07:55AM
@espaan thanks for the link, did not read this before, but I set up my development system with linux now, using symlinks from zikula's module directory into a github repository works really fine so there is no problem if you tell your apache how to handle symlinks.

Maybe if someday it is easier with a changed repo layout I'll do such changes. My questions here pointed exactly to your comment below the linked news article

Only logged in users are allowed to comment. register/log in