Show your support for Zikula! Sign up at Github account and watch the Core project!
- rgasch created topic »Changing the order in which module CSS is loaded« 04:46 AM
- espaan responded to »Experience of upgrading site from Zikula 1.2.4 to 1.3.6« 05. Dec
- espaan responded to »status of getstatusmsg« 02. Dec
- MarcPare created topic »1.3.6 Security Update« 22. Nov
- craigh responded to »Downloads module 3.1.3 has an access issue.« 20. Nov
- localrags responded to »Installing Outbrain script in Zikula 1.2.9« 17. Nov
- luri responded to »failed install 1.3.6 b28« 15. Nov
Articles: Git Repository Layout
In response to a common complaint I am announcing some changes to the recommended module repository structures in GIT. This doesn’t affect modules in Zikula Core 1.3 in any way but this change will make it easier to checkout modules directly into your Zikula modules/ folder.
The other reason is when a module is tagged it at Github, the archive will be autocreated without any
Most modules are currently using following the structure.
src/ modules/ ModuleName/ lib/ ModuleName/ Controller/ Admin.php User.php templates/ modulename_user_view.tpl
The problem with this is that you cannot checkout repositories directly into Zikula’s modules/ without using cumbersome symbolic links. This vastly complicates things and is a constant source of frustration.
The following structural change should be done now for all 1.3 modules. Here is a simple example using EZComments as an example. Were’ simply going to move all the files from src/modules/EZComments up to the module’s root folder.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:/zikula-modules/EZComments cd EZComments git mv src/modules/EZComments/* . git commit -a -m “Restructure repository layout” git push origin master
Footnote: This assumes the 1.3 module version is in the master branch. If you do have lower versions that are 1.3 compatible you should apply the changes to the lower lower branch, then switch to master and merge.