Show your support for Zikula! Sign up at Github account and watch the Core project!
- craigh responded to »Convert modules to 'Gettext'« 11:05 AM
- slartibardfast responded to »Zikula: Not Ready for Prime Time?« 09:42 AM
- krator responded to »Multiple Errors Migrating Dizkus 3,1 to Dizkus 3.2« 18. Jun
- trichers created topic »Mobile Theme html5 and link with tel:« 18. Jun
- incasas responded to »Migrating Postcalendar 6.2 to Postcalendar 8.0« 17. Jun
- krator responded to »Error converting RATINGS and WEBLINKS« 16. Jun
Articles: PostCalendar 8.0.0 Released!
PostCalendar 8.0.0 has been released! PostCalendar is a calendar module for Zikula with multiple views, private calendars, Content Module support and much more.
I am thankful to give the community a new version of PostCalendar that incorporates new technologies that are available as Zikula Core improves. In addition new requested features such as special repeating event options and import of data from the TimeIt module have been added. The use of jQuery-UI has made many aspects of the module better - especially the new event form! Also a new iCal view is available!
PostCalendar 8.0.0 requires Zikula >= 1.3.5 (or 1.3.3 with updated jquery_datepicker plugin - see below**)
- Fully native Doctrine2-based module
- jQuery-UI utilized heavily to improve ease of use in the UI
- NEW repeating event options: continuous and repeat-exceptions
- NEW import of TimeIt data (thanks espaan!)
- NEW iCal export and subscription-provision. (thanks evert!)
- Removed use of Date_Calc lib and all date calculations moved to native PHP DateTime objects
- Module much more OOP-based. All user views (including blocks) now OOP instead of procedural
- Refactored Query/Request objects to Zikula 1.3.3 standards
- A lot of code duplication completely removed.
PostCalendar is a calendar module for Zikula with multiple views, private calendars, MultiHook needles, Content Module support and much more. PostCalendar is completely converted to the new Zikula 1.3 model (OOP).Software Requirements
- Zikula >= 1.3.5 (or 1.3.3 with updated jquery_datepicker plugin - see below**)
- PHP 5.3+
- Multiple views (Year, Month, Week, Day, List, RSS, iCal)
- 100% W3C-valid XHTML 1.1 templates - fully customizable with optional navigation images
- Repeating events (including continuous events, and repeat-exceptions)
- Use of jQuery to make the UI user-friendly
- Categorization of events using Zikula category system
- Category-based permissions allow group-based or multiple calendars
- Content module support
- MultiHook Needles provided (currently non-functional due to MultiHook not working)
- Supports all available Core 1.3.x-based Subscriber hooks
- Provides event-creation Core 1.3.x-based Provider hook
- Date/Time Formats
- Admin-definable date format for entire module
- 24 or 12 hour format
- Monday/Sunday/Saturday week start
- Print any view using Printer theme
- Upcoming Events, Today's Events and calendar view blocks (optional category filter)
- Featured Event block with daily countdown
- Past Events
- Admin notification on Event Submission, option to disable, also option to disable on admin-only submission.
- Users can create private and/or global events (admin defined by Zikula group)
- Events can be queued or immediately submitted (admin defined)
- Events can be filtered by category or user (if personal calendar is enabled)
- Admin definable event default values