Fork me on GitHub

Watch

GitHub Core

Show your support for Zikula! Sign up at Github account and watch the Core project!

GitHub Modules

Forum Activity

Forum feed

» Visit forum | » View latest posts

News

Articles | Development

Articles: Zikula 1.3.4 Released!

Contributed by espaan on Oct 05, 2012 - 11:14 PM

Development

Zikula Core 1.3.4 (build 35) is available for general release as of today.

This update resolves some issues that were holding people back in upgrading from Zikula 1.2.x, of course a lot of other fixes and some new features. This update makes the Zikula 1.3 release even more mature. In total 91 tickets are closed !!

You are recommended to upgrade to Zikula Core 1.3.4. Please download the latest version from the Get Zikula 1.3 page.

Highlights:

• Updates of jQuery and jQuery-UI

• A default Mobile theme is added

• Password recovery is fixed

• Upgrade fixes for Categories, Blocks

• Improvements and fixes in DateUtil

• Small changes for PHP 5.4 compatibility

• Fixes for several IE related issues

• Several improvements to the Form code

• Some ContextMenu fixes

• Minor improvements in MenuTree

Full details are available in the big closed ticket list for the 1.3.4 milestone.

Many thanks of course to the Zikula Core Development Team and Contributors and the users who reported these issues.

Enjoy it,

Zikula Team

Comments

Comment by:
phaidon
05 Oct 2012 - 12:44PM
great
Great!

Comment by:
espaan
05 Oct 2012 - 09:17PM
Thanks
and thank you phaidon for all the work on the release ! You really made the difference. If I look through the ticket list, really a lot is solved icon_smile

Comment by:
MarcPare
06 Oct 2012 - 03:38AM
Congrats and BIG thanks to all involved!

Cheers,

Marc

Comment by:
krator
07 Oct 2012 - 08:23PM
Congratulations and thanks for this, team!

Comment by:
michiel
22 Oct 2012 - 09:17AM
Wow 1.3.4
Keep up the good work.

Comment by:
drcharbonneau
31 Oct 2012 - 09:18AM
Now that I have it, what do I do with it?
I'm a neonate here. How do I install this core and other modules? I clicked around and there doesn't seem to be an installer. Do I need to manually upload and unzip them to a particular file? I use WebHostingHub as my domain host. The cPanel there led me here.

Thank you.

Dr. C.

Comment by:
craigh
31 Oct 2012 - 10:40AM
hi drcharbonneau. This is an unusual place for support requests icon_smile In the future you may want to try the forums.

Zikula may be included in your fantasico or softaculous in your cpanel. But it would probably be the old version (1.2.x).

The way to install the new version is to upload the zip file to your server, unpack it and direct your browser to yoursite.com/install.php (assuming you've put it at the root of your website). There are installation docs in the /docs directory also (you will need to create a DB for this all to work BTW).

If you need further assistance, please seek on the forums! thanks and good luck.

Only logged in users are allowed to comment. register/log in