Fork me on GitHub

Watch

GitHub Core

Show your support for Zikula! Sign up at Github account and watch the Core project!

GitHub Modules

Forum Activity

Forum feed

» Visit forum | » View latest posts

Getting: Function split() is deprecated  Bottom

• Hi All,
    I am new to Zikula and just configured and installed Zikula with Apache and MySQL. After the installation when I go to index.php I get "Function split() is deprecated" error and in Apache's error.log see a 500 error:
    [Sat Jul 18 21:21:51 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\\cygwin\\home\\ashish\\Apps\\Apache\\htdocs\\z\\footer.php on line 11, referer: http://localhost:8888/z/install.php
    [Sat Jul 18 21:21:51 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function themefooter() on a non-object in C:\\cygwin\\home\\ashish\\Apps\\Apache\\htdocs\\z\\footer.php on line 29, referer: http://localhost:8888/z/install.php

I am new to PHP too so any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -AS
  • sounds like you have PHP 5.3 installed.

PHP site

Note: As of PHP 5.3.0 the regex extension is deprecated, calling this function will issue an E_DEPRECATED notice.
    [ref (1) and (2)]

if you installed PHP yourself, you may want to install 5.2.10 instead.

as for the footer error, that may be related to the first two, or you may have a corrupted package. I would suggest re-uploading the package tarball again.
  • I'll add a ticket to Zikula 1.2

Drak

--
    Zikula Lead Developer
    Board Member of the Zikula Foundation
    Follow me on twitter.com/zikuladrak
  • apparently the solution is.....

To resolve this you can replace split by explode().
  • How about eregi()? It also seems to be depreciated.
  • I replaced eregi with preg_match on all the lines it told me were the issues but am still getting a system error on PHP 5.3.

System Error

Non critical error

An unknown error has occured. The following error message was returned by the system

Function eregi() is deprecated

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.